[MPlayer-dev-eng] Which source code line produces "Stream with high frequencies VQ coding" output?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Apr 17 17:41:50 CEST 2005

Bo Xie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got the following log, and searched mplayer source code but can not
> find which source code line produces "Stream with high frequencies VQ
> coding" output.
> -----------------------

<snip actual output>

> ----------------------
>
> Would you be so kind to help me? Because I want to know more about
> the "Stream with high frequencies VQ coding" output info.

The phrase does not appear to be present in the MPlayer source tree.
(Among other attempts, I searched on "VQ" alone, and found plenty of
other things but nothing resembling that exact phrase.) I'm tempted to
suspect that it's being printed by an external library, except that I
don't see one which might be being used at that point.

It doesn't seem offhand to be relevant in practice, because after
printing the message MEncoder fails out and tries a different decoder,
but I suppose there's no real harm in being curious anyway.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.