[MPlayer-dev-eng] Synchronization of players in LAN and Cinepack crash

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue May 4 12:33:08 CEST 2004

J.A. Gutierrez writes:
> 	Some time ago I sent some mails about LAN synchronisation for
> 	mplayer.
>
> 	Now the code is working; you can find it at
>
> 	http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~spd/src/graphics/mplayer/
> 	http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~spd/src/graphics/mplayer/cmplayer.txt

Looks interesting, one question, though: You have step by step
instructions there for making mplayer run with your extensions, but
why don't you simply make a patch and provide it there?

> 	but I've found what seems to be a bug in Cinepack decoder:
> 	in short, mplayer crashes when there is a drop while playing
> 	cinepack compressed movies. I sent a report to MPlayer-users,
> 	but there was no answers.

Could you test again with latest CVS?  We're now using the cinepak
decoder from libavcodec and our native one will be dropped soon.
Maybe it does not have these problems.

> 	You can read the details at
>
> 	http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~spd/src/graphics/mplayer/mplayer_bug.txt

You should make that patch with "diff -u" to get a unified diff.  It's
much easier to read.

Diego