[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Should I write Voodoo Banshee VIDIX driver?

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 16:59:23 CET 2004

Needless to say, the driver still doesn't work correctly. From about 4 days I
make no progress at all. When tdfx_vid is first called and then my vidix
driver, no problem - it works. I'm sure that tdfx_vid initializes the card in
some way that my driver doesn't. The problem is that IN THE MOMENT I write
something to LEFTOVBUF, mplayer hangs. I don't understand it. Just the next
line in the C code becomes unreachable. I know that this is caused by something
I do improperly, but I just can't figure out what.

I need to understand:

1) What's banshee_make_room and what doest it do?
2) When is banshee_idle used and when not?
3) Should I setup something FIFO related or it's only for AGP access?
4) Should I make something more, before setting LEFTOVBUF (it crashes on that
line of code)?
5) Why is all this SO HARD???