[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Should I write Voodoo Banshee VIDIX driver?

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 21:57:01 CET 2004

Thank, thank, thanks :)))

I have no time, but I just wanted to say - it's VERY fast - I mean mplayer
doesn't drop ANY frames on my heavyweight movie, BUT the driver isn't synced
with Vsync, so I get teared frames from time to time and subtitles flicker.
Anyway it seems that this driver NEVER tells mplayer: "Wait, the current frame
is being drawed at the moment, pass the new data a little later". Instead the
overlay is updated continuously, without taking into account anything. Well, it
"seems" faster, but it's not right :(

Thanks.