[MPlayer-dev-eng] KiSS of copyright

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Mar 10 03:28:36 CET 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 04:06:23AM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> I would like to aware the developers that negotioations may not have been
> finished.
> I had an conversation with Gabucino on irc and I'm very upset of the matter
> of negotiations. I'm even upset that very few developers new that there are
> any negotiations at all.
> In summary the negotiation look this way: "We give you $2500 and you forgot
> about it. We will rewrite our code."
> The code under question is not identified, nor the copyright holders.
> I'm afraid what the rest of comunnity will say about this kind of agreement.
> I would like all developers that think their code may have been stolen to
> take a side in this "agreement"
> I personally have send a letter ot KiSS informing them that I would like
> to get the source of "their" subtitle reader and to find out is there
> any my code. And I definitly haven't given right to gabucino to represent
> me.

I'd like to hear from the parties involved in this "conspiracy" with
their sides of the story. We've already heard from Gabucino on IRC,
but he says Arpi and Alex have been involved in the negotiations too.
This whole fiasco is a huge blemish on MPlayer as it stands, and I
feel all the developers deserve a thorough explanation (and possibly
an apology, depending on what's been done).

I have also written to KiSS expressing that the authorization of the
numerous copyright holders for the stolen code has not been obtained
to negotiate a settlement.

Very disappointed,

Rich