[MPlayer-dev-eng] KiSS of copyright

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Wed Mar 10 03:06:23 CET 2004

Gabucino said:
> Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
>> For one month I haven't heard anything to be done. In the last legal
>> dispute
>> in g2 maillist I heard that Gabucino had handled the case, and knowing
>> now
>> well Gabucino had solved Debian dispute I'm quite woried.
> Despite of what you think, Debian devs suck much more than Kiss does.
>
> The negotiations are finished, we're working on a common press release. Be
> patient until then.

I would like to aware the developers that negotioations may not have been
finished.
I had an conversation with Gabucino on irc and I'm very upset of the matter
of negotiations. I'm even upset that very few developers new that there are
any negotiations at all.
In summary the negotiation look this way: "We give you $2500 and you forgot
about it. We will rewrite our code."
The code under question is not identified, nor the copyright holders.
I'm afraid what the rest of comunnity will say about this kind of agreement.
I would like all developers that think their code may have been stolen to
take a side in this "agreement"
I personally have send a letter ot KiSS informing them that I would like
to get the source of "their" subtitle reader and to find out is there
any my code. And I definitly haven't given right to gabucino to represent
me.

Best Regards
   Ivan Kalvachev
  iive

p.s.
It looks like the subject of this thread is too correct. We may really kiss
our copyrights for good bye.