[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Jan 20 22:47:37 CET 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 09:27:30PM +0000, Shan wrote:
> Hi D Richard Felker III on 01/20/2004 19:40:19 Zulu the following was
> relayed:
>
> >>The only other choice I have under OSX is X11 which is a windowing
> >>environment modelled on Windoze, ugh!
> >
> >This is an utterly stupid statement. X11 was developed well before MS
> >Windows was even imagined.
>
> Regardless of who copied who the point was that X11 and Windoze are
> both ugly ways of doing a windowing environment unlike Atari's GEM,
> Apple's Window Manager (based on QuickDraw) as well as a host of
> others.

Stupid Mac kids. Some of us want simplicity and functionality, not
hundreds of megabytes and megahertz wasted on stupid gui animations.
The Mac gui plain sucks (all versions). Any competent user would take
X with a nice simple window manager over that any day.

> And yes I know M$ copied the windowing environment from X11
> and their desktop environment from the Mac.  The thing is both are more
> seen as being a part of Windoze thanks to sheep-like user behaviour and
> M$ bullshit business tactics.

Apparently you didn't know this, or else you intentionally made a
wrong and inflammatory statement.

Rich