[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: help on libmpdemux usage

Shan sweber at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Jan 20 22:27:30 CET 2004

Hi D Richard Felker III on 01/20/2004 19:40:19 Zulu the following was
relayed:

>> The only other choice I have under OSX is X11 which is a windowing
>> environment modelled on Windoze, ugh!
>
> This is an utterly stupid statement. X11 was developed well before MS
> Windows was even imagined.

Regardless of who copied who the point was that X11 and Windoze are
both ugly ways of doing a windowing environment unlike Atari's GEM,
Apple's Window Manager (based on QuickDraw) as well as a host of
others.  And yes I know M$ copied the windowing environment from X11
and their desktop environment from the Mac.  The thing is both are more
seen as being a part of Windoze thanks to sheep-like user behaviour and
M$ bullshit business tactics.

Shan