[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: vo_gl driver with gpu yuv conversion

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 18 11:41:19 CET 2004

Attila Kinali wrote:
> Heyo,
>
> I got this some while ago, but never had the time
> to check it.
> But as we now have again a gl/gl2 maintainer ;)
>
> 			Attila Kinali

It's quite an interesting suggestion, but it has lots of problems...

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:06:34 +0100 (CET)
> From: Rolf Stenholm <rolfstenholm at yahoo.se>
> To: Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Fwd: vo_gl driver with gpu yuv conversion
>

> I can send you the file vo_gl.c. Replace the same file
> in v0.92 mplayer in vo_lib director and compile. It
> should compile proprly on any machine with modern
> OpenGl header files.

That's one of the bigger problems - it won't compile with the standard
OpenGL headers as they don't define e.g. GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB.
In addition I can't test it as my GeForce3 somehow doesn't suppport
fragment programs.
In addition this changes nearly the whole file, so in the current form
it is much too complicated to be applied.
Another point is that this functionality could be implemented much
better with the glColorMatrix function (which even older OpenGL headers
define) - if this is acclerated by the GPU as well.
Can anyone give me a hint on this??

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger