[MPlayer-dev-eng] Revisiting: Support for playing MPEG-2 TS over RTP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Feb 17 20:52:04 CET 2004

Back in July of last year, I added a hook in the LIVE.COM interface code
         int demux_is_multiplexed_rtp_stream(demuxer_t* demuxer)
to support the playing of MPEG Transport Streams (or MPEG Program Streams)
over RTP.  Such streams - unlike most other RTP streams - consist of
audio+video multiplexed together in a single RTP stream.  The LIVE.COM code
receives such a stream OK, but the higher-level MPlayer 'demux' code needs
to recognize that this is a multiplexed stream, and behave accordingly.  My
function
         int demux_is_multiplexed_rtp_stream(demuxer_t* demuxer)
was intended to allow this.

(Note also my message from last July
<http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-July/019859.html>.)

It would be cool if someone familiar with the MPlayer 'demux' code
(libmpdemux/demuxer.c) could update it to check this function, and behave
accordingly if the stream is multiplexed.

         Ross.