[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Low latency audio enhancements

Reza Jelveh reza.jelveh at tu-harburg.de
Fri Aug 20 22:30:45 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:29:52 +0100
Ed Wildgoose <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:

> easily fixed with the patch below which just removes the artificial
> limit stopping mplayer spinning it's loops more quickly.  (This is
> less invasive than my previous patch)

less invasive, does that mean that theres still some side effects and if
so which(sorry im not too familiar with the ao internals)?

> ..next stop: find out why mplayer won't work with the alsa-jack
> plugin... Anyone tried this? (Yeah I know there is a partial native

i tried that plugin its not really working and i think its not really
maintained either. the alsa ppl couldnt tell me anything about it
either. however it seems that the only app that actually works with it
is aplay or whatever it was called. i think the alsa-jack pcm plugin is
to blame not the mplayer ao_alsa code. of course i could be wrong.

regards
reza jelveh