[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch: Low latency audio enhancements

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Aug 20 18:29:52 CEST 2004

The following is a patch which allows mplayer to work with pro sound
card like my RME 9632.  These cards only allow two periods in the sound
buffer, and this leads to very short audio latency.  This is easily
fixed with the patch below which just removes the artificial limit
stopping mplayer spinning it's loops more quickly.  (This is less
invasive than my previous patch)

There is also a fix for what looks like a slight bugette in the the alsa
output code where it seems to always overwrite the defaults for buffer
size that are set at the top of the module.  This doesn't look deliberate.

Please check and apply to CVS.

..next stop: find out why mplayer won't work with the alsa-jack
plugin... Anyone tried this? (Yeah I know there is a partial native
plugin now).

Thanks

Ed Wildgoose