[MPlayer-dev-eng] writing video output plugin

Vrihad Shoonya vrihad at myway.com
Wed Sep 3 15:09:48 CEST 2003

Hi!

SiS hw mpeg driver decodes pictures directly to video
buffers. I think this would not allow me to run an mpeg
video in a window in X; i.e. allow X output. Am I correct?
Does this mean I have to use "EXPORT" in imgtype(mp_image.h)?
Also is it feasible use "TEMP" and copy data from video buffer
to mplayer supplied buffer so that I can get an X output?
In that case I am worrid about the performance. The CPU in
question is a 200MHz. x86 compatible.

>> I am writing an output plugin for mplayer which
>> would be able to make use of h/w mpeg(1/2) decoder
>> available in SiS550 chipset based board.
>> The company I work with got the required kernel
>> drivers, libs and api details after signing an
>> NDA with SiS.

<snip>

>There is another way e.g. VIA's CL266 people had choose:
>They had bought some mpeg decoder and modified it to use
>their hardware acceleration (some kind of s3 savage).
>The libary is feed with PES packets.

I am doing something similar. I feed the driver with encoded
data along with some custom headers containing relevant data
for decoding.

Thanks in advance
vrihad