[MPlayer-dev-eng] xine can seek using real media file's own index?

?? hephooey at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 3 14:37:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

It seems xine successfully implemented the seeking in real media files
using real media file's own index, now xine can seek flawlessly when
playing real media files and with no delay at startup like MPlayer using
-forceidx.
They've also made some other improvment, but the seeking improve
is the most impressive one. Can we steal their code like they stole
the original real media support from us;), maybe it's not very easy
since xine's sync mechanism is different from MPlayer, but I think it
worth some hard work since real media file is the only format I know that
MPlayer cannot seek when playing.

--
Best Regards,
LR