[MPlayer-dev-eng] Matroska compile broken from yesterday

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Nov 17 01:42:22 CET 2003

Hi,

> I'm not sure I'm reading the source right, but it looks to me like as
> things stand this will be enabled and compiled in if Matroska is
> detected, whether or not FLAC is present (i.e., I see #ifdefs for
> Matroska but none for FLAC in demux_mkv.cpp). Won't that break
> something, if FLAC is not in fact installed? Or am I just being
> programmatically n00bish?

demux_mkv.cpp does not use libFLAC (or the included libmpflac) at
all. It just passes the formattag on to mplayer. If mplayer itself is
not compiled with FLAC support then it ( = mplayer) will just tell you
that it couldn't find a codec for the requested id, and that's all. It's
not the demuxer's job to know which codec mplayer supports. It would be
something different if it actually used functions from libFLAC. But it
doesn't.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)