[MPlayer-dev-eng] SUB/OSD rendering

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Nov 12 12:16:15 CET 2003

Hi,

> 2) The whole OSD/SUB system in G1 is (IMHO) a bit messy
> and not clearly structured.

Correct. Subtitles are not even a stream, and that's why each demuxer
has to handle subs on its own at the moment (demux_ogg.c, demux_mkv.cpp,
mplayer's own subtitle code...) and then sets the text to be
displayed. This alone would require a lot of changes.

> 5) I'd rather like to do that in G2 but its vf layer
> isn't finished yet. (Beside Michaels remark about
> MPI that it sucks, but i dunno whether it's valid
> for G2 too)

G2 would be the way to go, IMHO. Maybe throwing some more support (in
terms of man power) behind it will get G2's vf layer finished sooner ;)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)