[MPlayer-dev-eng] SUB/OSD rendering

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 11:52:02 CET 2003

Moin,

I'm currently thinking about a (at least pratialy) rewirte
of the OSD/SUB system we have. Mostly because i'd like
to have mplayer render those ASS/SSA subs correctly with
more or less all features, which the current "simple"
system can't.

To be somewhat clean, it should go into a vf module,
but i somewhat hesitate:

1) For G1, it need some deeper changes as currently no PTS
is passed trougth the filters.

2) The whole OSD/SUB system in G1 is (IMHO) a bit messy
and not clearly structured.

3) I dont know much about the vf layer.

4) Alex keeps saying that G1 is totaly bloated

5) I'd rather like to do that in G2 but its vf layer
isn't finished yet. (Beside Michaels remark about
MPI that it sucks, but i dunno whether it's valid
for G2 too)

What do you think ?

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu