[MPlayer-dev-eng] DGA and mplayer 0.90-rc3 - resource leak

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards larwe at larwe.com
Fri Mar 7 16:17:03 CET 2003

Hi Ivan,

> DGA is buggy on many card. Make sure that you have the latest
> XFree86 (lucky you, there is new 4.3.0)

I downloaded 4.3.0 and besides badly breaking Nautilus, it does not make
any difference to system performance :)

> If you are using driver from via, ask them for help too.

No, I'm using the standard XFree86 drivers. Also, I can reproduce this
problem on another hardware platform (Geode GX1 CPU/CS5530 graphics). So
it is either a problem in mplayer, or a problem in dga. I have written a
short DGA test program to change video mode to 320x240 then back again,
and run it for >10,000 times without problems. So it appears quite
certain that it is an mplayer-specific issue.

> And of course use the latest CVS of mplayer.

Yesterday's CVS doesn't work at all. If I run with -vo null it works to
decode the audio stream. If I run with -vo anything-else it hangs after
(with -v):

init_freetype
Using MMX Optimized OnScreenDisplay

--