[MPlayer-dev-eng] DGA and mplayer 0.90-rc3 - resource leak

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Thu Mar 6 23:26:26 CET 2003

DGA is buggy on many card. Make sure that you have the latest
XFree86 (lucky you, there is new 4.3.0)
make some test with the dga native progam (not sure-  dga or dgatest)
or write your test program.
If you are using driver from via, ask them for help too.
It is better to fix drivers than making mplayer work with buggy drivers
and not working with bugfree one;)
i'm not sure but i think that one of both DGA(1/2) doesn't resotore the
video mode.
And of course use the latest CVS of mplayer.

Best Regards
  Ivan Kalvachev