[MPlayer-dev-eng] smooth playback vs good avsync

Frodo csharprules at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:57:47 CET 2003

>>also try -mc 0 (or -mc 0.0001) to reduce a-v correction threshold,
>>and enable RTC
>>anyway i suspect he's using the cygwin port so no wonder if it sucks.
I tried -mc 0 & -mc 0.0001 but that doesn't help and yes I'm, using the cygwin port.
If its a fact that the cygwin port produces jerky playback, and linux versions play good then i'll be happy to fix it
but maybe you guys can give me a hint which is causing it. Is it because the cygwin port doesn't use RTC or
are there other things as well?
If its the RTC then I can change it so it uses windows QueryPerfomanceCounter() / QueryPerfomanceFrequency()
This timer has a much higher resolution and is similar to usleep()

Frodo