[MPlayer-dev-eng] smooth playback vs good avsync

Frodo csharprules at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 9 09:45:26 CET 2003

>>Did you try -autosync? This problem sounds like it comes from broken
>>soundcard drivers...and that can help work around them.
yes I did try it (and all other options like -bps, -framedrope etc).
In fact the smoothness problem is happening for me with any given file. Its not really bad, but when you look carefully
you'll notice it. Its clearly visible when the camera moves slowly over a landscape like in the trailer of 'the big lebowski'
i also tried differend fps encoded movies, but I get the same results for 23.98 / 25 / 29.98 fps encoded movies

All movies play smooth using for example windows media player
( btw i'm using the cygwin compiled version with ao_win32 & directx )

Frodo