[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main ChangeLog,1.48,1.49

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Tue Aug 12 23:52:19 CEST 2003

Hi,

> ok, but lets release asap an 0.91 one ...
It has REALLY no sense, imho. Release smth that can be beated easily by
xine in feature list? :)

> Users are really waiting for it or perhaps an early alpha of 0.99 ;-).
I thought about releasing mplayer g1-pre1 very soon (at the weekend
probably?)

> Perhaps we should make an bug-hunting "time" like other projects have
> ... :-)
That would be really fun..

> Its really fun :-).
Yea, if I wasn't alone in maintaining..

In the last few days I reread all the non applied patches sent to the
list back to 2003 may. And the result? To most of them I have only
reacted in pleasing others who know that code to have a look at them.
But no reaction!! I don't really know all the parts of mplayer so I
can't apply all the patches safely, and if I apply some of them, all the
devs complain that it breaks the whole mplayer and such. In the end it
seems that mplayer is dead. But that isn't the truth, only the last few
devels aren't enough for the whole work.

So other devs! Please write smth, 'fsck you' is enough, but not that
silence...

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)