[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as a Client for VideoLAN server)

Rett Walters rettw at rtwnetwork.com
Mon Aug 4 03:53:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

> my fault, I forgot that demux_rtp.cpp is written in C++
>

> the solution is to change demuxer.h this way: in function
> resize_demux_packet
>
> replace
>
>     dp->buffer=realloc(dp->buffer,len+8);
> with
>
>     dp->buffer=(unsigned char *)realloc(dp->buffer,len+8);

Well, we may be a little closer.  Now I get some initial video corruption, and the
video is pretty much slow motion without sound.  Liba52 prints something about a CRC
error, and the sound disappears never to return.  Afterwards, the video speeds up a
little, but I start getting the Too Many Video packets in buffer message again -
only this time it doesn't seem to bring Mplayer down like before - it seems to run
indefinately.

Rett