[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Mplayer unable to play MPEG2-TS over RTP (Was: Mplayer as aClient for VideoLAN server)

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Sun Aug 3 22:58:40 CEST 2003

>Hi,
>>>I am testing with streaming a DVD across a switched Cisco network (are you doing
>>>local streaming, ie all on one machine?).
>>>
>>yes, exactly a dvd on 127.0.0.1 (that makes the load grow even more
>>than in your client-server case).
>>The reported bitrate was 7.9 Mbps. I could play it without interruptions
>>and audio breaks, only a bit slow.
>>

>Ok - I am a little confused. I am still having issues with this - I am streaming a
>DVD to 127.0.0.1 with VLS, and the video is still pretty badly messed up. So I
>decided for the heck of it to upgrade the live.com streaming media libs, and rebuild
>mplayer against them and now I get more corruption issues, and lots of messages like
>this:

>New TS pid=6164
>Saw an input frame too large (>=50000). Increase MAX_RTP_FRAME_SIZE in "demux_rtp.cpp".
>V: 80.4 69 22% 13% 0.0% 0 0 0%

>What version of live.com libs are you using? I was using a version from 6-17
>previously with issues, and now I am using one from 7-29 that seems to have more
>issues, all with mplayer-20030724. Is there a better version of live.com? I am
>using a P3 700 (rh7.3, 512MB RAM, 2.4.18 kernel) machine to do this, are you using
>something with more HP?

>Thanks for all of your efforts so far, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

>Rett

I downloaded LIVE's libraries the day before I posted the patch (and never updated them ever since),
so it was 19th July.
My pc is an Athlon XP 1500+ with 512 MB DDram and kernel 2.4.20, so I have more power that your PC.
Do you get a corrupted file if you use -dumpvideo and next play the dump?

I repeated the test with a second dvd, and the result was the same: no corruption at all, just a bit slow playback.

Do you have a more powerful equipment to use at work?

I really want to make this code work!

		Nico