[MPlayer-dev-eng] Real rtsp:// support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Apr 18 00:10:14 CEST 2003

Hi,

> What is the differense between your implementation and the
> rtsp from http://www.live.com/mplayer ?

real's rtsp is not standard rtsp but some mutation with prop. handshaking
etc to stop other players than realplayer to view their streams.
something like ms-mpeg4 vs. iso mpeg4
(live.com implements teh standard RFC-compliant protocol)

> what happens if both are enabled?(extension?)

RTFS suggests that extension-based decision

> Maybe these questions are stuped, but i should ask.

The interesting question would be if we can use xine's C rtsp implementation
to receive standard rtsp streams with some modifications?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team