[MPlayer-dev-eng] Real rtsp:// support

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Fri Apr 18 00:05:13 CEST 2003

On 2003.04.18 00:10 Arpi wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> RTFS suggests that extension-based decision
At the moment yes, even if it would be better to try one of the
protocols and go to the next if it fails.

> > Maybe these questions are stuped, but i should ask.
>
> The interesting question would be if we can use xine's C rtsp
> implementation
> to receive standard rtsp streams with some modifications?

xine doesn't support it (the code gives up if the server identification
is not Real).
The code gives a lot of "not handled ..." while parsing server answers
(define LOG to see the messages, it's disabled because it prints out
too much stuff), looks like they implemented only the minimum parsing
needed to manage a session (in sdp parser).

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Ciao,
  Roberto