[MPlayer-dev-eng] Real rtsp:// support

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Thu Apr 17 23:55:02 CEST 2003

On 2003.04.17 23:40 Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> What is the differense between your implementation and the
> rtsp from http://www.live.com/mplayer ?
They have different purposes.
Real rtsp requests some kind of authentication to the client to allow
connection, and this code sould provide it. I don't know if there are
other differences from standard rtsp protocol. This is only useful for
Real files (.rm) streamed from RealServer.

live.com implements the standard rtsp protocol, and should work with
every file format (like mp4).

> what happens if both are enabled?(extension?)
They work ok. You can have problems only if you stream a .rm file with
the standard protocol (i don't know if it's possible).

> Best Regards
>   Ivan Kalvachev
Ciao,
  Roberto