[MPlayer-dev-eng] MP-G2 - new mpeg demuxer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 14 19:25:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

> >I've just uploaded mplayer-G2-preview7.tar.gz (mphq/~arpi/g2/)
> >with 2 new demuxers: the mpeg-ts demuxer ported (ok, rewritten) from 0_90
> >and my new mpeg-es/ps/pes demuxer supporting raw mpeg video & audio too.
>
> demux_ts suffers from the same problem reported here:
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-April/032154.html
> (an mpeg-pes detected as -ts, bacause of a stupid detection code)
>
> the fix is here (cc-validity check):
> http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-April/017917.html

I saw it and also saw your solition, but i didn't like it.
I need that sample file to be able to develop some better detection.
Anyway it's very unlikely that any PES file have many 0x47 bytes at constant
188 byte distances... maybe i'll mix the TS demuxer with the other mpeg
demuxers just like i planned.

> As a side note, in a previous message I posted a big patch to seriously
> clean up demux_ts, but it was
> considered (wrongly) a cosmetic patch.

wrongly? i've checked it and then alex's without-cosmetics but i didn't find
anything improvement or bugfix in it

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team