[MPlayer-dev-eng] authors html->txt

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Sep 8 17:29:15 CEST 2002

Jonas Jermann writes:
 > On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 12:03:14AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
 >
 > Side notes about html->man:
 >
 > What to do about section 2.5, 3 (tv input, usage) and old vop
 > (was removed)?

vop is already gone, 2.5 should be next.  3 should at least be
shortened so that the same stuff is not duplicated like the basic
keyboard controls.  The rest of section 3 might go into the man page
or it might not.  3.2.1 has to go

 > Maybe a short introduction should be left (added again for vop),
 > all usage/options belong to the man page (are already afair,
 > I'll check).

Short introduction might be OK, but it will probably be redundant.  I
feel we should rather expand the man page, but if you have good ideas
feel free to send a patch..

 > The playtree should be documented in the man page. The problem
 > is just: How? At the moment it produces ugly line brakes if
 > viewed in a small window. If I have a good idea I'll change it
 > to remove the warnings and ugly line brakes.
 > (eg. mplayer protocol://[user:passwd@]URL[:port] [options] and
 > notes about the supported protocols bellow, donno)

Yes, playtree belongs in the man page.  I guess we should just compose
a small explanation and put it up front under general notes.

Where are the ugly linebreaks?  I don't have that problem.

 > And IMHO the dga bugreport subsection should be removed too...

Yes.  Feel free to go ahead and remove it.

Diego