[MPlayer-dev-eng] modifications to the webbpage

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu May 9 17:49:54 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Wednesday 08 May 2002 19:49, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,

> > > Pity, I've been updating only the new design, waiting for the release :(
> > > Will merge then
> >
> > time to convert stuff to mhtml :)
> why don't we use template based webpages using php? unless we are very short
>
> in server cpu time this is a great idea and only templates need to be update
> if design changes. It works like this: you have either one template.php that
>
> includes the contentxy.html file at some point, or you use contentxy.php and

no sense of using dinamically generated pages, and php is everything but
not secure.

i prefer static but generated pages - mhtml is a good tool for this
but probably there are other tools too

mhtml is similar to your idea - you can build template pages, by defining
macros to convert parameters to html content. then create teh content pages,
using these macros.

for example:

$NEWS(arpi,2002,5,8,"0.90-pre2 released")
Hey, we did it! new release is available to download via
$FTPURL(release/MPlayer-0.90pre2,"FTP") or
$WWWURL(release/MPlayer-0.90pre2,"WWW").
$ENDNEWS

and by defining these macros you can build anything from this content

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team