[MPlayer-dev-eng] modifications to the webbpage

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 9 15:04:53 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 19:49, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > anyway i agree in that current one should be updated/fixed, as we're
> > > far from the 0.90 final.
> >
> > Pity, I've been updating only the new design, waiting for the release :(
> > Will merge then
>
> time to convert stuff to mhtml :)
why don't we use template based webpages using php? unless we are very short
in server cpu time this is a great idea and only templates need to be updated
if design changes. It works like this: you have either one template.php that
includes the contentxy.html file at some point, or you use contentxy.php and
include header.php and footer.php from it. This also allows nice stuff like
changing to a text-only design by klicking on a link or detecting browser
string or having design in multiple languages or let user have their
favourite design to choose and save preference in cookie :)).

If your against runtime templates you could ofcourse do the same stuff offline
using some perl-script. The trick is that our contentxy.html files are
headerless html files with only the content and the design will be added
around that by the template(s).

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos