[MPlayer-dev-eng] i18n - po files

Jiri Svoboda jiri.svoboda at seznam.cz
Thu May 9 14:06:01 CEST 2002

Hi,
I'd like to on which state is i18n/gettext process?

I was more or less successful with creating czech po file, but there are
still problems.
It works ok for MSGTR pairs. Problems are with help text - text is
different for each
configuration (compile options). Another problem is version string in
banner.
So it looks to me that po files must be generated/customized
at compilation time.

Should I post czech po file with common part (MSGTR pairs)?

Let me also opt for disabling following line in mp_msg.c - I have mo
files in different location, which is set as default by gettext.
bindtextdomain("mplayer", PREFIX"/share/locale");

                                JS
P.S.: I have small c prog (a bit messy, but working) which I used to
produce czech po file - if anybody is interested...