[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only / thread revisted

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Mar 28 18:03:54 CET 2002

Hi,

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 07:34:33AM -0800, Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> > Sorry for the late answer but I didn't have a broadband connection to test
> > this before.
> >
> > By increasing the size of the cache (use -cache 40) that will fix the trou
> ble.
>
> Betrand, thanks so much ... obviously that fixed it.  Actually playing
> around with it,  -cache 100 seems to work best so far.  the -cache option

cache is not supposed to work with too low values.
in theory it should work with 4*sectorsize (sectorsize is 2048 or 2324
depending on media) bytes or above, but it seems it still has problems
with too low limits. btw let me note, that few KB cache is very nonsense,
you should set it n*100kB or n MB to get it effective.

also note, that -cache sometimes conflicts with multifile (playlist or
multiple filenames in commandline) and/or some vo drivers.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team