[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only / thread revisted

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 16:34:33 CET 2002

Sorry for the late answer but I didn't have a broadband connection to test
this before.

By increasing the size of the cache (use -cache 40) that will fix the trouble.

Gabu, can you add something like this in the FAQ:

Q: Network streaming hang after a few second of playing.
A: Increase the size of the cache by using -cache 40 for example.
     If it's still hang, try something greater that 40. If it still doesn't
     work, RTFM bugreport.

Q: Network streaming (MMS) stop and display "===> Transfert complete" in
     a "live" stream.
A: Some internet radio use a playlist to braodcast their music with windows
media server.
   On track transition the server (MWS) send a "transfert complete" and a new
   asf file header for the next song.
   This is not yet supported with Mplayer, I'm working on it (As soon I have
some time).

Thanks,

Bertrand