[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer audio only / thread revisted

Denis Hainsworth denis at cs.brandeis.edu
Sun Mar 24 22:10:30 CET 2002

Hey folks,

I found in the archive a thread regarding using mplayer to listen to
audio-only streams off the internet.  Alban Bedel had posted a patch to
some version of mplayer and there ensued a long thread where it seemed
at least 1 bug was fixed in mplayer and Ardi had asked for a current
patch.  I couldn't find any more about this.  This sort of player (to
listen to streaming asf files) was what I was looking for today.  Was
there ever a new pathc released?  Was it integrated into the source?  I
didn't find anything suggesting it had been.  If it has been do folks
know why the following plays about 15 seconds of stream and then hangs?

mms://63.251.179.114/WZON-AM

thanks
-denis

PS.  Would have posted to the users maillist...but the thread on this
subject seemed to be only on the dev-eng maillist.  Sorry if the post is
inappropriate.