[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed new codecs.conf [Re: new video codec selection code]

Alex Beregszaszi alex at naxine.org
Mon Mar 18 14:36:08 CET 2002

Hi,

> > i'm attaching a proposed new codecs.conf i just worked out. i put
> > libmpeg2 first (of course), followed by the native codecs (ijpg should
> > probably be before ffmjpeg, but ijpg seems to be broken right now...is
> ijpg should work, but it cannot decode mjpeg, just jpeg images.
> in long term we should fix ffmpeg's mjpeg decoder, it's quite buggy :(
This would be the best.

> > it?), then ffmpeg, then projectmayo, raw, xanim (its indeo, etc work
> > better than the win32 ones, right?), and finally win32. since all this
> xanim codecs are good, but they have some problem, if i try to play 2 indeo
> files it will sig11 in the second. soemhow teh codec (un)initialization
> broken or dunno, but it works only wiht single files.
Hmm, i will have a look at it.
Also note, xanim codecs' good point is that they provide YV12 output against
the Win32 ones. This can be good or bad, depending on video out driver.
I prefer Win32 before Xanim becose much more peoples uses Win32 codecs (
yes, becouse they're downloadable from mplayerhq.hu).

-
alex