[MPlayer-dev-eng] proposed new codecs.conf [Re: new video codec selection code]

Juan J. Sierralta P. juanjo at atmlab.utfsm.cl
Wed Mar 20 03:16:24 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 06:43, Arpi wrote:

> ijpg should work, but it cannot decode mjpeg, just jpeg images.
> in long term we should fix ffmpeg's mjpeg decoder, it's quite buggy :(

	I did use ffmpeg MJPEG decoder yesterday playing with one of those
digital cameras that capture video, MPlayer decoded the video just fine
but audio was wrong, was a sample rate problems it seems that i810 audio
don't work at 8000Hz. So I can't blame MPlayer. And at least the MJPG
worked just fine, problems seems that there are too many MJPG
interpretations out there....

> > it?), then ffmpeg, then projectmayo, raw, xanim (its indeo, etc work
> > better than the win32 ones, right?), and finally win32. since all this
> xanim codecs are good, but they have some problem, if i try to play 2 indeo
> files it will sig11 in the second. soemhow teh codec (un)initialization
> broken or dunno, but it works only wiht single files.
>
> what about opensource native codecs? cvid, msvideo1 etc ?
> they are even better than xanim ones
>
> also mjpeg and h263 codecs is nice topic...
> there are a lot of them (both win32 and native), but none of them are perfect :(

	Or simply compliant. ffh263+, UBH263, QT H.263 and Vivo1 are fully
compliant. Everything else I saw aren't compliant .....

--
Juanjo sin .sig :(