[MPlayer-dev-eng] MplayerXP vs Mplayer. Hall of truth.

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sun Mar 17 16:40:19 CET 2002

Hello, Alex!

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 15:43:54 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nick! I think you should only make patches that enables threading in mplayer
> and distribute them.
Is it joke? When I first time send my patch then only thing which was
done by Arpi is removing #ifdef LIBVO2 (but from mplayer.c only).
In this case I will make my patches every day and every hour :)
Such patch was already suggested by me - it was #ifdef'ed code
which didn't affect stability and even in such form it was refused by Arpi.
It's unreal idea.
> And you should spend more time on 3DNow optimizing!

Do you want to speedup mplayer on 10-30%?
I've speedup it on 200-300%! Why don't want such solid speedup and still interested
in invisible performance grow?
> MPlayer will support also shared libs of libvo,libao,.. drivers..in the "near" future.

I planed to use libvo and libao as static libraries ;)