[MPlayer-dev-eng] MplayerXP vs Mplayer. Hall of truth.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Mar 17 17:02:40 CET 2002

Hi,

> Alex Beregszaszi didn't RTFM :
> > Nick! I think you should only make patches that enables threading in mplay
> er
> > and distribute them.
> Most likely it should go to the Patches section on the Download page until
> proper testing, users seeing it. Then we'd see. I think this is reasonable.

No. I agree with nick, his plans go far, more than some patches. He wants to
change the basic design of mplayer core (maybe full rewrite).

I think keeping libmpdemux libvo etc as compatible as possible is more than
enough. But if he plans to change codecs to dlopen'ed plugins, then it's
really much more than a new core. I still vote for fork, and we'll see,
maybe we'll drop old branch and switch to Nick's branch later.
Let him show what he can do.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team