[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

daniel carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Mon Mar 11 23:02:38 CET 2002

Daniel Egger wrote:

> all major distributions rely on Perl.
> It's like a shell: Can't live without.

I don't understand how you can claim this straight after two people have
pointed out that two major linux distributions do not rely on perl.

BTW you were right about a 60Mb install being suspect, it's actually 65Mb.

You can make that 3 major distributions too, i've just had a look on my
server box running redhat and it doesn't have perl installed, yet is
still fully functional.

Anyway this is just turning into blind flamage...