[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Wed Mar 13 12:37:35 CET 2002

Am Mit, 2002-03-13 um 01.47 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> Daniel, please, QUIT TROLLING THIS LIST. It shouldn't be that hard to

Then don't feed the trolls.

> figure out that we are not people who have any affinity towards java

That was just for the sake of it.

> or unstable compilers.

You better would. gcc >= 3.0 has feedback optimisation, generates much
better non-x86 code and beginning with 3.1 has fair support of vector
units on x86 and ppc using builtins.

All in all the "unstable" compiler has led to savings of up to 105%
of cpu cycles on a G4 mac runing powerpc-linux-gnu with my patches.

--
Servus,
       Daniel