[MPlayer-dev-eng] More On Automatic Codec Downloader

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Tue Mar 12 20:07:09 CET 2002

Am Mon, 2002-03-11 um 23.02 schrieb daniel carter:

> You can make that 3 major distributions too, i've just had a look on my
> server box running redhat and it doesn't have perl installed, yet is
> still fully functional.

Perl is needed for maintainance purposes mostly; means I could remove it
from my SuSE/Debian/homebrewn system system but would remove the
possibility of using the automatic configuration and healing facilities.

I'm really glad you can do without, I also can for my normal work but
fact is that it's an important part of a up-to-date Linux/UNIX/*BSD
system. EOT.

--
Servus,
       Daniel