[MPlayer-dev-eng] Problem: http auth and asx playlist

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 8 08:58:03 CEST 2002

On Monday 08 July 2002 07:33, Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> On Sunday 07 July 2002 09:05 pm, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > there's a problem with the HTTP auth, when trying to playback asx
> > playlist, as it doesn't pass on the user/pass to the playlist urls.
> >
> > Here's an example:
> > mplayer -cache 512 -bandwidth 768000 -user blah -passwd blub -v -v
> > http://www.server.com/movies/some.asx
> >
> > Now mplayer will connect with auth and get the header, then it detect asx
> > miemtype and reconnects with auth (only after my last fix), faking wmp
> > request headers.
> >
> > Then it parses the asx playlist and begins to play the mms-url from it,
> > but on this request it is not sending the needed auth, as specified as
> > global parms before!
> >
> > Bertrand, can you fix this? I wasn't yet able to track this down.
>
> I had a quick look and it didn't pop-up to me, since your fix it's what
> I would have done. So I will have to setup a windows box to reproduce it.
> Before I do that, can you send me a output log of what you get?
> (In private if necessary)

I have found the bug:
look at asf_streaming.c:555 in function asf_http_parse_response
it does only check if response is 200, all other cases will fail, so does 401
case.
So my questions, why are you using this crippled down code for asf, instead of
the original HTTP code from network.c?

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos