[MPlayer-dev-eng] Problem: http auth and asx playlist

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 23:28:31 CEST 2002

On Sunday 07 July 2002 11:58 pm, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Monday 08 July 2002 07:33, Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> > On Sunday 07 July 2002 09:05 pm, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > there's a problem with the HTTP auth, when trying to playback asx
> > > playlist, as it doesn't pass on the user/pass to the playlist urls.
> > >
> > > Here's an example:
> > > mplayer -cache 512 -bandwidth 768000 -user blah -passwd blub -v -v
> > > http://www.server.com/movies/some.asx
> > >
> > > Now mplayer will connect with auth and get the header, then it detect
> > > asx miemtype and reconnects with auth (only after my last fix), faking
> > > wmp request headers.
> > >
> > > Then it parses the asx playlist and begins to play the mms-url from it,
> > > but on this request it is not sending the needed auth, as specified as
> > > global parms before!
> > >
> > > Bertrand, can you fix this? I wasn't yet able to track this down.
> >
> > I had a quick look and it didn't pop-up to me, since your fix it's what
> > I would have done. So I will have to setup a windows box to reproduce it.
> > Before I do that, can you send me a output log of what you get?
> > (In private if necessary)
>
> I have found the bug:
> look at asf_streaming.c:555 in function asf_http_parse_response
> it does only check if response is 200, all other cases will fail, so does
> 401 case.
> So my questions, why are you using this crippled down code for asf, instead
> of the original HTTP code from network.c?

I don't remember why I did it like this! I should have put at least a switch
case statement. The only think I can remember of it's that I didn't put
the handling in network.c in case the error code wasn't handle the same
way than original HTTP requests. Roughtly, I wanted each implementation
that use http requests to handle their own response in case they don't
follow the HTTP standard. An example is the shoutcast(ICY) stuff.

I will change that to a switch case and also add the authentication.

Bertrand