[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui open for URLs

Ponekker Zoltan pontscho at kac.poliod.hu
Fri Jul 5 12:47:48 CEST 2002

Hali

> Ah, ok the middle button, I was trying the right button
> which doesn't allow it.
> And Middle button gives me URL, DVD, VCD....ok
> It would be more user friend/more intuitive to have them
> on the "remote control", and not have two menus that contain
> the same options.

Hm. Ok, i swap a two menu.

> > But ... URL playing is working, if you don't need user/passwd.
> > You use http://user:passwd@host/muvi.jol.avi URL format ?
>
> Yes, but if you enter an url without user/passwd, and if
> you use mplayer in command line, it will failed and return
> an error message asking you to enter the user/passwd
> in the url.
> For the GUI I was thinking of instead an error window,
> maybe popping-up a dialogue to request the user/passwd.

And ... where i

> > Audio CD - thanksz to idea :)
>
> Your welcome. I will improve the cddb output, so you will
> be able to get the track name in the menu and on the remote
> control.
> I have an idea on how to implement that whether cdda or cddb
> is used. If it's cdda, the track name will be Track 1, Track 2...
> and cddb will put the appropriate name.
> Maybe the menu title can be the artist/album name for cddb
> and the track number/length for cdda.
> Anyway I'm just thinking loud here, I will let you know once
> 'm done with it.

If you write cddb handling, i implement to gui.

> Ok, so if you don't have apache install, it's not really a problem, what
> you can do is the dialogue box, and give me the function prototype
> that I need to call to request the user/passwd, and that return me
> the user/passwd. Somtething like :
> gui_http_authentication(char *user, size_t user_len, char *passwd, size_t
> passwd_len)
> Where I provide the buffers for user and passwd with there max size in
> user_len, passwd_len.
>
> Also I need to know if there is a way of telling if mplayer was started with
> the gui or not!

Ok. This is not problem. But ... you send one message to gui, and handle
user/passwd.

for example:

 You send => guiGetEven( guiGetUser,NULL );
 And i call gui_http_authentication( user,passwd )
   ( gui_http_authentication(char*user,char*passwd), realy need this two
     size_t ? )

But ... first on my TODO the playlist-lite and preferences. Ok? I get a
money from one hungarian linux distributor for this.

Thx.

Pontscho