[MPlayer-dev-eng] bandwidth option

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 5 05:31:22 CEST 2002

I added a bandwidth option that will allow to select the bitrate stream
according to it.
Of course that required the streaming server to serve multibitrate stream.

This only works for windows media servers with the ASF/HTTP transport.

If the bandwidth option is not specified, the previous algorithm to chose
the best stream is used.
If the internet connection is a 56K modem, then use -bandwidth 56000
The streaming server will send the appropriate streams.

I doesn't work in all cases, so I still need to work on this to figure
out why.

Bertrand