[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gui open for URLs

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 6 05:43:27 CEST 2002

On Friday 05 July 2002 03:47 am, Ponekker Zoltan wrote:
> Hali

[...]

> > > Audio CD - thanksz to idea :)
> >
> > Your welcome. I will improve the cddb output, so you will
> > be able to get the track name in the menu and on the remote
> > control.
> > I have an idea on how to implement that whether cdda or cddb
> > is used. If it's cdda, the track name will be Track 1, Track 2...
> > and cddb will put the appropriate name.
> > Maybe the menu title can be the artist/album name for cddb
> > and the track number/length for cdda.
> > Anyway I'm just thinking loud here, I will let you know once
> > 'm done with it.
>
> If you write cddb handling, i implement to gui.

Ok, no problem.  will let you know when it's ready for you.

> > Ok, so if you don't have apache install, it's not really a problem, what
> > you can do is the dialogue box, and give me the function prototype
> > that I need to call to request the user/passwd, and that return me
> > the user/passwd. Somtething like :
> > gui_http_authentication(char *user, size_t user_len, char *passwd, size_t
> > passwd_len)
> > Where I provide the buffers for user and passwd with there max size in
> > user_len, passwd_len.
> >
> > Also I need to know if there is a way of telling if mplayer was started
> > with the gui or not!
>
> Ok. This is not problem. But ... you send one message to gui, and handle
> user/passwd.
>
> for example:
>
>  You send => guiGetEven( guiGetUser,NULL );
>  And i call gui_http_authentication( user,passwd )
>    ( gui_http_authentication(char*user,char*passwd), realy need this two
>      size_t ? )

Ok, it's fine with me. We will do that.
You can remove the size_t as long as you pass null terminated string.
The size_t were there because I was thinking calling the dialogue
directly, and this dialogue should have returned the user/pass in
the char* that I will have allocated, so it's why I provided the
buffer size. But with the way you suggested it's not required.

The call will be guiGetEvent( guiGetUser, http_auth)
Where http_auth contains the realm and the remote hostname.
The realm is the name of the space that the user try to access.
The dialogue can display something like this:

"You need to supply a username and a password to access this site"
"Site:  <The realm passed as arg> at <the remote hostname>"

> But ... first on my TODO the playlist-lite and preferences. Ok? I get a
> money from one hungarian linux distributor for this.

No problem, do what you have to do first, especially if you can get money
for that ;)

Bertrand