[MPlayer-dev-eng] Is cache2 working?

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 23:32:12 CET 2002

On Saturday 19 January 2002 08:35 am, you wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:56:51 +0200 (CEST)
>
> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:
> > > BTW, I want to automatically turn on the caching for network stream
> > > when I can compute a cache_size value from the stream.
> > > To do that I have to remove the static for the stream_cache_size
> > > variable, is there a cleaner way to do that?
> >
> > none
> >
> > but i think it will conflict with new configplaytree, it doesn't like if
> > we modify an option's parameter from outside :(
>
> 	But you can use it to set an option, currently this part
> 	is very basic (look at cfgparser.h). You can set an option with the
> function int m_config_set_option(m_config_t *config,char *opt, char *param)
> The config arg you need is defined in mplayer.c and mencoder.c
> 	as mconfig. But for lib (such as mpdemux, etc) used both by
> 	mplayer and mencoder it perhaps better to have a var in the lib holding
> 	this to stay more independante.
> 	Anyway it will involve in something a little bit more developper-friendly

Ok, I'm using the m_config_set_option to set the cache size and it's working
fine so far.
Just a drawback that I would like to fix: I would like to be able to force
the cache size with the one given in command line. But for now
m_config_set_option will override the cache value given in the command
line.
Is there a way to now if an option is already set, like a
m_config_is_option_set?
I'm trying to figure out how the m_config_get_option works, it returns a
config_t with a name and other field and so far I don't really know what to
do to retrieve the value of the cache.

Bertrand