[MPlayer-dev-eng] Is cache2 working?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sat Jan 19 17:35:29 CET 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:56:51 +0200 (CEST)
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> > BTW, I want to automatically turn on the caching for network stream
> > when I can compute a cache_size value from the stream.
> > To do that I have to remove the static for the stream_cache_size variable,
> > is there a cleaner way to do that?
> none
>
> but i think it will conflict with new configplaytree, it doesn't like if we
> modify an option's parameter from outside :(
	But you can use it to set an option, currently this part
	is very basic (look at cfgparser.h). You can set an option with the function
	int m_config_set_option(m_config_t *config,char *opt, char *param)
	The config arg you need is defined in mplayer.c and mencoder.c
	as mconfig. But for lib (such as mpdemux, etc) used both by
	mplayer and mencoder it perhaps better to have a var in the lib holding
	this to stay more independante.
	Anyway it will involve in something a little bit more developper-friendly ;).
		Albeu