[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD support is done

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at alfacom.net
Thu Jan 17 23:39:21 CET 2002

Hi Christoph,

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Christoph Lampert wrote:

> Hi Vladimir,
>
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> > Hi, I can second you wrt encoding on FreeBSD. I had even simpler solution,
> > though - just "ln -s libxvidcore.so libdivxencore.so" and the same with
> > decore :-)
>
> Hey, that's cheating ;-)

Well, that's the only libdivx... wegot <shrug> - ProjectMaya ignores us
just as many others do :-(

> > Unfortunately for some reason XviD doesn't playback at all - no image
> > under FreeBSD. Decoder works, I tested it with "mencoder -vc divx4", but...
> > Would anybody more knowlegable than me look at it?
>
> Did you check if BIG_ENDIAN was defined in stdlib.h?
> I didn't try FreeBSD, yet, but I can't see any reason why it should not
> work.

No, we got it in machine/endian.h And I've made sure XviD knows it's x86
here. BTW, why is it "#ifndef BIG_ENDIAN", "! defined (LINUX)" and so on
and not simply "#ifndef __i366__"? Compiler seems to know that, doesn't it?
Anyway, no luck here under FreeBSD. BTW, an old decore did work (well,
sort of - no chance of optimization)

Regards,
Vladiimir
--
Vladimir Kushnir - vkushnir at Alfacom.net